Thursday, July 17, 2008

on ears recently: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz


I’ve listened to this song some times ago, but never been really preoccupied like this before, as I put it on my only song list in the mp3 player. I let it replay over and over and over (since it’s the only song in the list) and suddenly that song stick in my head like a sticky bubble-gum.

Swallowed by the almighty curiosity, I then wandering around to amuse myself in the world of wordplay of Mr. A-to-Z. Hmm... interesting personality as well as the music.

One thing for sure, I always nibble this guy’s singles since the very first time The Remedy came to the radio (when was it? 2005? 2004? Can’t remember, sorry!). First impression of this song would be… “gosh, how could he sing this song live? it’s a tongue tight lyric!”.
I thought it was the only interesting single from this guy, but eventually, I found many of his songs as good and impressive as the single itself. And good to know that those songs come purrfect live as well. Nope. His tongue is pretty much fine. Not tightly tight.

The only bad thing is I don’t have any of his albums. Just listening thru the net. And the only song I had downloaded was just the acoustic version of the latest single, “I’m Yours”. Well, that the only song’s provided by the site anyway.

Well, perhaps, if I’m lucky enough, someone’s reading this blog got a clue for what present should s/he give me, hahaha… wishful thinking?

Well, in the meantime, I’ll just enjoy the soothe and peaceful melody then…
Hmm… listening to this song, makes you feel like you’re stranded in a quite island with its white sand beach (and a bunch of MALE-surfers?) and the only entertaining tool you have is the great guitar. playing some melody on it while gazing at the blue sky (or the starry night?), feeling the breeze calming your face and the only thing that worries you the most is when the world stops turning.
Hhaah…… when will I get a chance of living that kind of simple-life?

cheers!

btw, here's the lyrics, find yourself the clip in YouTube and enjoy it.

JASON MRAZ – I’M YOURS

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you’re so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
And now I’m trying to get back

Before the cool done run out
I’ll be giving it my bestest
Nothing’s going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it’s again my turn to win some or learn some

I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I’m yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you’re free
Look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment and maybe sing with me
A la peaceful melody
And it’s our God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love loved

So I won’t hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I’m sure
There’s no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I’m yours

I’ve been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
My breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what I’m saying is there ain’t no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It’s what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

Repeat till fade

___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment