Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The power of Soundtrack



Hmm..
When I said “soundtrack” I meant, a great song attached to a movie, whether it’s alone a great movie nor the worst one.

Somehow, music (for a long period of age) has become a clever medicine. A healer.
No matter how crappy a movie is, there’s always a good song in it to actually makes the ending moves you, in a strange direction.

One of the kind is the new serial (well, at least I’ve just watched it) “Bionic Woman”.
I can’t exactly remember the original one (I was still in my Elementary ages, if I’m not mistaken), but I can surely tell that this new serial is plain.
Nothing’s fantastic in it. Thou I regularly watched it until the final episode (don’t ask why).

But then again, like I said before, music has always been a clever medicine.
Like what happened in the last episode of that serial, at the ending of the last scene, the song attached to it is “Where Are You Going” by Dave Matthews Band.
Somehow, it just clicks to the very scene.
And in that case, it moves me.
So I can tell that music is a clever medicine.
I didn’t say that I adored the movie/serial, but I was moved by the scene of two sisters sitting in a car and this song was played indistinctly.

Where are you going, with your long face pulling down?
Don’t hide away, like an ocean
That you can’t see but you can smell
And the sound of waves crash down

I am no superman, not at all
I have no reasons, for you
I am no hero, aww that’s for sure
But I do know one thing,
Is where you are, is where I belong.
I do know, where you go, is where I wanna be.

Where are you going? Where do you go?
Are you looking for answers to questions under the stars?
Well if along the way you are growing weary, you can rest with me
Until a brighter day, you’re ok.


(Dave Matthews Band – Where Are You Going?)
like i said... "the power of soundtrack"... indeed
________________________________

[onears] (yea... what d’you know??) the live version of Dave Matthews Band – Where Are You Going?

No comments:

Post a Comment