Saturday, June 13, 2009

Listening MONORAL : Enjoy Riding The Rollercoaster Of Emotions




It’s like riding a rollercoaster of emotions and somehow you never get bored of it because it changes a lot and unexpectedly surprising.

That’s what I told my friend who’s wondering why on earth I get so addicted listening to the band MONORAL.

Riding a rollercoaster of emotions?
Hmm… indeed.
Well, at least that’s what I get every time I put those albums and mini albums of the band in my playlist and let them all playing for some times.
Honestly? I haven’t changed the playlist for so long and keep those collections of MONORAL I have being played 8 straight hours a day as assistance to my ears during working at the office.
Sometimes, after listening to every song of MONORAL, I have this kind of a feeling: feeling of tired or exhausted, it seems like those songs I’ve just listened to are soaking me to the bones, suffocating. But that doesn’t make me stop listening to them, because unconsciously, I’ve already let them playing again and again.

I don’t know, but I think the songs, the lyrics, the music and the how vocalist of MONORAL (yes, Anis Shimada it is) sings or how the bassist (Ali Morizumi) supports the songs are just capturing emotions of them all, very well.

hmm, it seems like the duo manage to pour their hearts into a song so that each and every one of the songs has its own soul, its own emotion, or chemistry. And that makes the song feels like alive and somehow it grows in you.

But if you’d like to put on a super size headphones instead of speakers and turn the volume up until you can no longer hear what’s going on around you and it seems like only you living in a MONORAL world, then you’ll not only ride a rollercoaster of emotions, but also… you’ll experience so much cool noises and interesting sounds as well.

Probably those noises or sounds you’ll hear not the original ones, but somehow this band can mix them all into something interesting and… should I say… sexy? *big grin*

I like the how these two guys can create a wide range of music. From a very rockin’ blast to a popish ballads and amazingly can also create catchy exotic rock sounds. And you can find them all even in one album. So it’s pretty interesting I have to say.

And reading the lyrics of every song, I actually don’t want to praise them this much but, what can I say?
They can be romantic without being poetic, they can be pathetic in a funny way, they can be mean in a polite way, they might be angry but they’re still smiling nicely and they even can be friends in disguise, or even enemies?

And funny thing is they’re not two kinds of genius musicians, indigo or whatever.
No.

I have to say that Anis Shimada (the vocalist) is not a perfect singer with a glamorous vocal range that roars the hall, even comparing like those in American Idol maybe? (hahaha!)
And Ali Morizumi (the bassist) plays the bass like a common bassist will do with no such of blasting specialty. I can even say that he’s nothing comparing to Tetsu of Laruku ^^V (forgive me, but I’m trying to be fair here and that’s what my ears speaking)

But I have to admit that they are indeed smart.
They are smart in combining those music and lyrics in a right proportion.
Maybe they’re not the greatest, they just two ordinary musicians with ordinary music, ordinary lyrics, but they do manage to combine all those ordinary things into something beautiful.

This is cool I’d gladly say.
And I have to say it again that I haven’t got bored of this band… yet. I don’t know when. Hopefully won’t.

To those who’ve never heard any of MONORAL, you should try and give them a listen and enjoy riding the rollercoaster of emotions… and sounds.
As to the MONORAL, I have to send a message “keep making those beautiful music guys!” *big grin*


credit to the photo here:
the photo is taken without any permittion on a site (sadly i kinda forget what site it is), it's an interview *grinning*


____________________
Now I think I’m over flooding my own blog with MONORAL-ism. Would that mean I have to manage another blog where I can put all those MONORAL-ism I have learnt? *sighing*
(this is what you actually get if you have a restless Brian I guess. It’s a blissful and a killing at the very same time)

Bestfriending with the ears: MONORAL (the whole of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment