Friday, April 27, 2007

one fine noon

[It was one lazy afternoon when 2 people were stuck in a car, trapped in a traffic jam on their way home for hours. The sky was almost falling to the redness and magenta curtain. The person behind the wheel was drawn in silency while the one who was sitting in the passenger seat was bumping here and there to the music, freeing self to the other world]

...
over the sidewalk
running away from the street we knew... [Story of The Year - Sidewalks]

Red : “Damn!! I love this song!!” [turning up the volume and singing along]
Beige : “And damn! You keep saying those words over and over! ‘Owh! I love this song!’ or ‘Hey! Been a long time not listening to this stuff!’ GOSH!! You’re killing me!!”
Red : [
staring at Beige and rolling the eyes] “Hey don’t blame me for you’re the one who close your ears to the newers!”
Beige : [
sigh] “I don’t blame you! It’s just… where on earth do you hear these whole craps!”
Red : “And these whole craps called music!” [sighing hard and turned head to the window] “I listen. Ok? Just like you, from radio and any other media with audio output!”
Beige : “Yea, but not like you!” [waving the hands in desperate] “See, from the moment you jumped into my car you started singing every single song played! Every song, I must say. Every word and even you remember which part when the singer is tapping his finger or the coda or… whatever it is!”
Red : “Okay… I’m fucking good at it. Sorry, if it bothers you okay?!”
Beige : “No, it doesn’t. I just…” [sighing] “I’m wondering, what genre are you?!”
Red : [laughing] “What genre?! What is genre?!”
Beige : “You know…”
Red : [cutting the line] “Yea, I know what it means literally, but… do we need to classify ourselves to a specific genre?”
Beige : “Well…”
Red : “That’s why you lost the fun of it. Music is not about genre. It’s about art and fun. And if you don’t listen to any of music ever happens in this world, then you’d probably miss something in your life. You know… something new. Experiencing new thing per say.”

[silent came between them for a minute]

Red : “Just because Story of The Year is not a Jazz or POP music that doesn’t mean they don’t exist, ok?”
Beige : “I didn’t say that!!”
Red : “Yes you did!! You thought about it! It seems to you that music is Jazz or POP, other than that are just stupid craps that forbidden for your ears”
Beige : “Look, I do hear but I don’t listen.”
Red : “No you don’t even hear. You just see.”
Beige : “What?!?!”
Red : “Remember when I bought Incubus the other day and your reaction that exact time was ‘Oh man! Not another stupid masking men shouting the F-word’!! You haven’t even heard them!!”
Beige : “Well, that’s because…”
Red : [cut the line] “Because you’re judging!! You’re judging the music from the names or even from me!”
Beige : “What?!” [startled]
Red : “What what?! And please remind me, when does Incubus do emo?! Look, just because I listen to stuffs like SOAD or even My Chemical Romance, that doesn’t have to be every music I’m into is exactly like them, rite?! And don’t forget to underline, I do listen JT, remember?!”
Beige : [sigh] “Guess I dare say that I don’t like music like you do.”
Red : “Nea, you like music. But you don’t wanna hear more. You’re like a safety player, but in this case, you’re a safety listener. You don’t wanna try to listen to a new kind of vibe unless it is commercialized. The one that everybody listens to or well… you can say in major label, things pop-up in MTV or radios”
Beige : “Yea, probably you’re right”
Red : “Hell, damn yea!” [shouting and laughing]

[another silency happened, but that was just because Beige had to pay the Toll-fee]

Beige : [staring at the new CDs on Red’s lap] “And what are those?”
Red : [showing the 3 CDs] “You mean these?! Well… this is Laruku’s latest album, it’s a Japanese band and you should listen to this one, because despite of all the freaking language, this band has a character and don’t say it’s a hard core, because it’s just a rock music. And this one… is an emo band, Dashboard Confessional, you’d probably not really into this, but worth a try. And the last one is… I finally found this shit, been looking for this band. Damn yeah, I had to spend more since it’s an imported CD. This band is Budapest. You’d love this one and I’m sure you’ll like it. Trust me on this.”
Beige : [frown in doubt and shaking the head]
Red : [laugh] “Would you just let go and listen to it without any neglecting?! Just listen then you’ll learn something, okay?”
Beige : “Yeah… I’ll take that chance later. When I’m ready enuff”
Red : [LOL] “That means you won’t!!!”
Beige : “Don’t threat me!”
Red : “Hell not! But it’s just the reality, right? Be more open minded in many things, then you’ll find how wonderful life is”
Beige : “Easy for you to say. You love music.”
Red : [smile and sigh] “Can be anything really actually”
Beige : [staring soften at Red] “Funny you know? Seeing how differ we are, am I right?”
Red : “Hm…” [nodding] “Then you know why” [staring at Beige and smile]



[inspired by a true story]

-somewhere somewhen-
_______________________________________________

[on ears] this great tune of “That Time on The Ledge by Mew

nice and relaxing song…

...She said,”What if I said goodbye now? What if I not knowing why left you all behind on the ledge?”I replied, ”That I knew now, I was glad I did not push you off that time on the ledge”... [that time on the ledge]

No comments:

Post a Comment