Monday, June 25, 2007

On-ears today: Arctic Monkeys

Just had a shocking news this morning ‘bout my boss’s resignation [yup!! By the end of this June, he’dve resigned at his own risk]. The truth is, I was already told about this possibility [and I was sworn not to tell this to anybody. Not a word.], but still it was shocking. I mean, despite of every little hatred thing happened times ago, still he’s the boss and kinda respect him for that. But well, hopefully everything will be much better afterward, rite?
Kinda nervous of what the next authority is like...

Anyway, to cure the shocking thing, I’m listening to the band called Arctic Monkeys. The whole albums [‘Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I Am Not’ and ‘Favorite Worst Nightmare’] and couple of live-acts and I must say that I’m impressed!

Like their songs. Thou many out there cynically criticized them as a copy-paster-band sorta thing or the overrated band or over-hyped band.
Just for a record, it’s a recycle-world anyway, correct? There’s no such thing as original nowadays.

So I must say that, Arctic Monkeys are one of great bands ever happen in this planet at this decade, at their kind of sounds and at their ages. You might want to compare them to the like, but what do you expect? They grew up listening to the sound-like. They’re from England for God sake! Things would’ve been the same, if they grew up in States and then they sound like MCR/TBS/The Used, rite? Deal with it, folks!

Just enjoy the music…








BRIANSTORM

Brian…
Top marks for not trying
So I'd like you to bless us with your effortlessness
We'd wait for and so trained and comforted


And I wonder
Are you putting us under
'Cos we can't take our eyes off his t-shirt
And ties combination

Well see ya later Innovator!

Some want to kiss some want to kick you
There's not a net you couldn't slip through
Or at least that's the impression I get
'Cos you're smooth and you're wet
And she's not aware yet, but she's yours


She'll be sayin' "Use me"
Show me the Jacuzzi
I imagine that it's there on a plate
you're our rendezvous rate
Means you'll never be frightened
To make em wait for a while
I doubt it's your style
Not to get what you set
Out to acquire
The eyes are on fire
You are the un-forecasted storm
Woop!!

Calm, Collected and Commanding
(Top marks for not trying)
You hit the other story standing
With your ambitions and jokes
I bet there's hundreds of blokes
That have wept 'cos you've stolen their...


Thunder
Are you putting us under
'Cos we can't take our eyes of his t-shirt
and ties combination
Well see ya later
Innovator

____________________________________

no’te:
thou a bit irritating I must say that their ascent is an interesting point. It would’ve been different if Chris Martin sing it, I bet... ehe..

Interesting album by the way... worth to collect I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment