Thursday, April 16, 2009

Real Writing Trial: Randomized Topic - Frostbite

Eerr….
Not so sure about writing this actually. But I was tricked to challenge Brian (my brain, red.) to process any randomized topic (those I’m never interested to or even I never have thought about yet) and see if he can manage doing such thing.

So I asked my dear best friend to come out with any topic she’d like and this was the only thing that could come up from her head.
FROSTBITE.

And damn! I have no clue at all.
So I googled it and wikied it and boom, lots of things about frostbite can actually be found there. But that doesn’t mean that my job is done, right?

Hmm, what can I say about frostbite?

What is frostbite anyway? Well, according to wikipedia (here, I copied and pasted it), frostbite is the medical condition wherein localized damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to extreme cold. It is most likely to happen in body parts farthest from the heart and those with large exposed areas.

What it is like? Hmm… I scrolled down again and found out that there are 3 stages of frostbite, from the lowest level to the severe.

At the lowest level, it is said that you’re your skin color will be yellowish or white and accompanied with burning sensations. This can be reduced by warming the effected area.
The second one happens after continued exposured. Your skin is no longer yellow or white but it’s reddening and swelling, and the burning sensation is almost lost.
While the third one, will cause your skin looks waxed and hard due to the death of the skin and at this stage edema (abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin) may occur because somehow skin starts loosing blood. Well, I’m sure this is because the blood can’t distribute oxygen really well to every part of your body.
If it’s not treated immediately, then it can become permanent. The frostbitten area will turn to purplish and soon it turns black. And nerves in the frostbitten area will slowly die. Blister might also occur. And at some level, this may need amputation.

WHOAA!!
Whatta scary condition!

And for the treatment, there’s only one word involved: WARM your body, passively or actively.
Actively warming your body means you need to immerse your injured tissue in water-bath that is held just above the body temperature, not too hot.
Hmm… I think I’ll go with the first one, because it is said that passively warming involves some activities such as rubbing, massaging, applying body heat via skin contact with another person…. *sluuurrpp*

Whooo….
Wait. Back to the topic, pleaaase!

To prevent the frostbite you need to know what factors contribute it. Those can be extreme cold, inadequate clothing, wet clothes, wind chill and even poor circulation.

I think, the best way to prevent frostbite is to keep your body warm by any means, could be with warm and dry clothes, using gloves can also help and even socks. And try to manage the circulation so that oxygen can flow freely to the lungs and blood will happily distribute it even to the farthest part from heart.

And this is not only happening when we’re traveling to ice-cold places. It might also happen in Air Conditioned room, especially to those who spend their day more than 8 hours in it without stepping outside for a while. Unconsciously, your oxygen level will drop and that causes your skin dried then died.

Carefull with it.

just make sure to keep your body warm, in any ideas you might have, heheh^^

_____________________________


HAAAA!!!!!
I made it!
I finished writing it!
And it’s absolutely not my style, I must admit it. I tend to just copy and paste some from here and there, and this Brian didn’t work hard at all, except managing which one I should put on which one I shouldn’t…

Hhh…
I think I need more practice.

Well, anyway see ya later, but next times, I’ll do my own way


Cheers!!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay okay, I give up..
    You have all my permission to go back to that mind jump writing methods with your beloved Brian..
    Though it's undebatable confusing hehe, but they're fun to read hehe.
    Make me wonder, how about your papers back in college huh?
    You're just not meant to be structured I guess, maybe the mess IS your strength..
    Just forget my suggestion okay?
    Luv ya, along with all the mess ^_^v

    ReplyDelete
  2. *heavy sighing*

    thou it was fun, it sucked all the excitement of writing. i guess it is true that you need to feel excited to get into and that means you can pour yourself into it, and it becomes alive.

    I'm never meant to be a well-writer i guess.... *shiittt!!!*

    well... how i managed the paper back then??? i've no idea. AT ALL. but hey, look at how long i finished it! it took longer than you, remember? and i procrastinated... A LOT!! i even skipped writing it for almost like... a month? or even more!


    well...
    i'll stick with my style then, thou i think i'll give a try this 'writing trial' once in a while later, just to make fun of my dearest Brian..haha!!

    thanx for giving me this challenge,
    dear

    (uhmm.. next? i'm thinking about reviewing MONORAL.. yep! my fangirling mode is flashing really hard!!!*still* BEWARE!!!!!)

    cheers agaaaiiinn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gue sering frostbite sampe stage 1 sama 2 (amit2 ga sampe stage 3). That's why I hate winter >_< Just a little exposure to the winter air and there you go, frostbite. Padahal udah pake baju sampe 4-5 lapis. Heheheheh....

    ReplyDelete