Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Session 9 (Song by MONORAL) : when romantic doesn’t have to be poetic

Ever since I listened to this song (by MONORAL), I hate it. Definitely hate it.
Because this song soaks me to the bones; squeezing my heart till it’s dried.
I can’t move this song from my head. I can’t even stop it from playing in my head with or without player that actually playing it to my ears.
This song is a dope in its own kind of way.
And I hate it.
I hate it because I adore it a much. Love it till I can’t breathe.

This song’s intro actually starts from the previous track, a 1:25 instrumental song called ‘Turbulence’ (Track 11 in the album TURBULENCE) and instead of ended and changed to another different sound of song, the next one (Session 9) is like a continuum song, the main story. This caught my ears right away and that’s why whenever I want to listen to Session 9 I have to put Turbulence before it so that I can embrace the whole emotion in it.

And like many other MONORAL’ songs, this song again shows the amazing part of the duo in blending all those ordinary melody into a beautiful sound. Slow at the beginning but continuously increasing its beat and then slowing its phase again, increasing again, again and stop. Stop right there, just right there, leaving you with a bundle of emotion that already reach its peak, and wishing there will be another enclosing, but no, there’s no, because it is the last song in the album. And that makes a feeling of confused and curious linger on so that unconsciously, you just want to listen to that song again and again, trying to capture the whole emotion in it.
Listening to Session 9 feels like riding a rollercoaster of emotions, of hopes. And honestly, I never expected MONORAL could amazingly do that. But they did.

What can I say about the story of this song? Well, this song is all about fighting the love till your last breath no matter what. While other just step back and let you go with your own life, this guy prefer standing on the line until you realize that he’s not joking this time and deserves a chance. And you deserve a chance to let him in again too.
That’s the song is all about and it is clearly said.

Ooh Gosh, this is not a super duper beautiful romantic poetry that blows your mind. It is more like a diary, a letter, or just words you’ve been dying to say to someone you dearly love.
A proper ask without becoming a pathetic loser.

Sometimes, you just don’t need a romantic poetry to melt your heart. A truthful speak coming from a sincere heart is more than just enough. And this song portrays it nicely.

Ooh please, you don’t have to be Shakespeare or whoever greatest poets ever born to this planet just to say a simple sorry and ask for a chance, right? Just say whatever you have to say, be true to yourself and let your heart speaks, and then… that’s enough.

Poetry to me indeed is beautiful, but sometimes you just pay too much attention on the rhyme, the metaphoric or anything that might loose the most deeply important message you’d like to deliver. You change your paper many times to compose a great poetry that will shiver many readers, but you miss to pour yourself into it. Sometimes that happens. That’s why some poetries lack emotions.
While all we need is just a simple sincere heart.

Again I must say, this song is just nicely pouring heart on every word in it.
A truthful speak coming from a sincere heart.

And the music, the melody… doesn’t have to be too mellow when it comes to romantic sounds; it doesn’t have to be just piano or an acoustic guitar. This song has beats from the very first start; giving an impression of hopes marches to knock your heart. And slowly but sure, in the middle it becomes stronger; trying to capture the flaming emotion that bursting out of his heart, desperately to be seen without being pathetically hopeless and then leave you in a feeling of curious, questioning “what have I done? What have I lost? What have I missed?” while watching the one you used to love waiting there patiently as you’re moving on.
Wouldn’t that make you want to run back and burst into his arms again?
That’s the song is trying to capture about. And in a nicely way, it works. Phew.

Ooh, I’m dying again for this song.
And I hate it.

Hmm… what do you know?
Sometimes, simplicity can be the meanest killer.
And I’m happy to be killed thousand times by it.


(monoral are: Anis Shimada (behind) and Ali Morizumi)


Note:
Many of you probably will say, “ooh hell, you said things like that above because you’re crazy in love with this band’s vocalist, so it is biased.
Well, let me tell you something, while writing this, my fangirling side is completely shut down. And I’m absolutely conscious, not boozing or injecting too much caffeine. And it’s 10.15 PM, so yes I am fully conscious.
If you don’t believe a single word I’d said above, then BUY the album ‘Turbulence by MONORAL’ (and yes you must ship it to you) or steal it somewhere (from neighbor’s CD collection maybe). And if you still don’t like it, after you listen to it, if you can’t see the way I sense it and would like to mock me on this, then be my guest and spit it out to my face.


peace and cheers
*grinning* ^_^V


related posts about MONORAL:

MONORAL: who?!

Reviewing MONORAL

Listening MONORAL: enjoy riding rollercoaster of emotions

Videos of MONORAL on YouTube

Sidenote: being confused in Japanengrish


__________________
Making love to my ears is the song “Session 9 by MONORAL”
A short message to these two lovely beautiful MONORAL people: “thank you for creating beautiful songs like this one.”

Note (again):
I think I’m gonna leave you with this post as I’ll be really hustle bustle with all the preparation for my next adventure. Sorry that I’ve posted lots of MONORAL here, because these two guys just never fail to amaze me and I haven’t got bored of them.
I’ll see you again around mid March... or late March?
But maybe by that time, I’ll be filling you with lots of stories during the traveling (in searching for MONORAL??) *grin*

See y'all!
Save water. Drink beer.
CHEERS everyone!!!!


5 comments:

  1. aaaakkkhhhh....gak suka!!!!
    uughh....mba, i can read this post many times!! ampe juling!!

    tak mampu berkata2 neh, tumplek blek yg ak rasain pas denger session 9 uda persis tergambarkan d postingan mba ini...giiiillllliinnnggg....

    keren bgt sih ya mrk...n mpe saat ini kyanya yg bs sedalem itu nangkep lagu ini cm qta dah.. ;(

    indeed, SIMPLICITY CAN BE THE MEANEST KILLER..... *sigh...u guys, just kill me right away lah..jgn bgini caranya... ;(
    ehehehhee...

    nice,nice,nice....very nice posting!! like it,liket it..!! =D

    ps:
    then its done for session 9 n u stil owe me monkey cage!! ahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dan apakah engkau tahu betapa hancur hati ini mendengarkan combo Turbulence-Session 9 ratusan kali selama menulis review ini?! butuh 3 jam-an buat gw untuk memaksa otak merangkai kata, merekatkan kembali hati yang ulang kali hancur lebur, dan memfilter emosi biar tidak terlalu menggebu-gebu dan overrated (walau gw rasa postingan ini tetep level overratednya dalam ambang batas maksimal.... ~,~)

    dan herannya, biarpun udah ratusan kali denger, begitu durasi session 9 berhenti, hati gw masih terasa sakit, seperti ditanclepin panah beracun berulang kali dan perlahan tapi pasti mematikan T.T

    ciiih...
    sepertinya memang hanya kita berdua yang begitu emosionalnya dengan lagu ini, met. segitu gw kga ada pengalaman pribadi yaa... (ato jangan2, anis menciptakannya saat teringat kenangan antara gw dan dirinya, GUBRAAKKK!!^^)

    walau harus diakui, lagu-lagu
    MONORAL emang sarat emosi. mungkin biasa aja, tapi cara penyampaian dan racikan melodinya...ckckck, sanggup memetakan hati mereka. akkkkhhh... talking about MONORAL can take forever! bikin kepala ama hati siap meledak JGEEEERR

    oo well, i'm thinking about reviewing them anyway, later soon i got back from traveling.

    i think i have to register back to a mental institution or something... hahaha!!

    cheers met!

    ps: perlu gw kirimin soft copynya aja? biar bisa lo pantengin terus, kalo perlu dijadiin wallpaper desktop?
    ^^V

    ReplyDelete
  3. speachless...
    salam aja dech u anis. wakakakakak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya ampun, selama ini gue mendengarkan session 9, gue baru tau kalo itu lanjutan dari Turbulence. Hahahaha... Gue nggak pernha nyadar soalnya gue selalu maenin koleksi musik gue pake shuffle mode >_<

    Makasi buat infonya, kali ini gue mau denger kombinasi Turbulence-Session 9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha.. gw juga kga tau sih Pei, apakah itu emang officially intronya, abis akhirannya nyambung, jadi gw merasa itu adalah intronya.

    well, eniwei, slamat mendengarkan lagi, dan mungkin ikut2an sebegitu emosionalnya sama ni lagu, hihi..

    cheers!
    viva monoral

    ReplyDelete